The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
We invite applications from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Communication Officer
Project ID No.: 2100155036067
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Job Type: Consultancy Services
Financing Agreement reference: P- Z1-A00-016
About the Project
- The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is implementing the ENABLE-TAAT Compact, financed through a grant from the African Development Bank toward the cost of the Technologies for African Agricultural Transformation (TAAT) Program and intends to apply part of the proceeds for this grant to facilitate payments under the contracts for the following individual consultants.
- The Consultant is expected to develop, implement and coordinate, a detailed communication plan/strategy for the ENABLE-TAAT compact, drive corporate strategy and message development, and other documentations; facilitate the dissemination of information on the ENABLE-TAAT compact activities through feature writing, press releases and social media and promote and publicize ENABLE-TAAT compact activities and results to various stakeholders, which will involve writing, editing, and production of articles and news stories on project related activities and findings and have these published in project newsletter or other outlets.
- He/She will also develop and package print/web/audio-visual and multimedia materials for the ENABLE-TAAT compact upon interaction with the value chains.
- The desired consultant is expected to possess a B.Sc. or HND in Mass Communication, Public Relations, or other related field with at least five (5) years’ experience performing similar role in an international organization.
- Familiarity with Nigeria work environment will be an added advantage.
Application Closing Date
3rd July, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Interested and qualified candidates/Consultants must provide comprehensive Curriculum Vitae information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services, including a description of similar assignments done and experience in similar conditions. The Expressions of interest should be delivered to:
Attn: Chrysantus Akem; PhD
TAAT Program Coordinator | Program Management Unit
International Institute of Tropical Agriculture,
Headquarters & West Africa Hub
PMB 5320, Oyo Road, Ibadan 200001,
Oyo State, Nigeria
- The consultants will be selected in accordance with the procedures set out in the Bank’s October 2015 edition of the Bank’s Procurement Policy framework 1. The assignments shall be for a duration of one year and is expected to start on July 15, 2020.
- International Mailing Address: IITA, Carolyn House, 26 Dingwall Road, Croydon, CR9 3EE, UK Tel: +234 2 7517472 | USA Tel: +1 201 6336094 | Fax: +44 208 7113785 | Mobile No: +234 8169020531 ; Email: [email protected] Skype: (bobesancte)