FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resources Manager – Nigeria
Job requisition id: Requisition – 2021201845
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Job type: Full time
- To coordinate the Human Resource function of the FHI 360 Nigeria Country Office ensuring that FHI 360 policies are followed, to effectively manage HR risks within the Country/Project Office, ensuring full compliance with all relevant local laws/regulations and procedures.
- To provide support to the Country Director and project managers/ Chiefs of Party to ensure that staff teams issues are effectively managed and motivated.
- Manage all HR functional areas including recruitment, employee relations, benefits administration, compensation, HRIS, and training.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides guidance to management team on leadership and HR issues including application of HR policies and processes, restructuring, training, people management, career development and handling complex employee issues.
- Collaborates with country office leadership and project management staff, as well as headquarters Human Resources, on HR strategies and practices that will help achieve the strategic and programmatic goals of the country portfolio.
- Manages HR staff to ensure a high level of customer service and confidentiality is provided throughout the office. Coach and mentor the HR team, to include assessing and identifying development opportunities that strengthens HR’s role in the organization.
- Work with the CD to develop HR systems in assigned functional areas, e.g. Orientation Program, Recruitment Program, Benefits Program, etc.
- Provides tools, advice, and information to support effective delivery of HR services and processes.
- Work with CD for development of systems approach to support various HR programs.
- Apply professional HR practices and regulations to existing and new programs.
- Support new and existing programs with data tracking and analysis.
- Study and analyze market and data trends and uses this information to formulate, implement, document, and evaluate processes, systems or programs.
- Ensure day-to-day operations of HR-related functions are addressed in a timely, efficient, and proactive manner.
- Provide regular briefings to Country Director and/or Project Directors on HR matters, including the status of recruitment, training, leave balances, etc. Provide technical assistance and monitoring to SO SFAOs and Admin Officers in the administration of their HR functions.
- Contribute to the development and editing of HR policies and procedures
- Maintain a thorough awareness of developments in labor laws and legislations and advise management accordingly.
- Manage and support recruitment process and work with team members to ensure a smooth process flow from identification of a vacancy to the filling of that vacancy.
- Assist in developing position descriptions and maintaining all position descriptions of staff.
- Ensure conformity with recruitment requirements and compliance with the rules and regulations.
- Provide specialist employee relations advice and guidance with particular respect to disciplinary, grievance and absence, to ensure acceptable levels of individual employee performance.
- Support the effective implementation of all employee welfare schemes including the Staff Group Life Assurance Scheme, the Health Insurance scheme and the Pension scheme. Liaise closely with benefits and pension administrators on behalf of management.
- Assist in coordinating and/or conducting training workshops to support field offices on such topics as supervisory skills, performance assessments, effective interviewing, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- BS / BA Degree in Business Administration, Social Sciences or its recognized equivalent with 7 – 9 years of relevant experience.
- Or MS/MA degree in Business Administration, Social Sciences or its recognized equivalent, and 5 – 7 years relevant experience.
- Demonstrated success in multicultural environments is required.
- Certified member of Chartered Institute of Personnel Management of related body is an advantage.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Ability to work with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, and recipients of assistance.
- Report to supervisor on variances and status on regular basis.
- Work independently with initiative to manage high volume work flow.
- Perform detail-oriented work with a high level of accuracy.
- Interact with diplomacy and tact and follow-up on requests in timely and efficient manner.
- Must exhibit high levels of professionalism, integrity and ethical values at all times.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality for sensitive Human Resources issues or projects and use judgment to execute duties and responsibilities.
- Record keeping, report preparation, filing methods and records management techniques.
- Use a computer to accurately and rapidly enter and retrieve data and information.
- Working knowledge of in-country employment regulations, e.g., Nigerian labor/employee relations statutes and capacity to apply them to FHI Nigeria.
- Ability to intervene with all levels of staff, representatives of donors and collaborating agencies, individuals from diverse cultures, and the public with diplomacy and firmness.
- Strong knowledge in salary structure and development, benefits and compensation, surveys/benchmarking and job evaluation systems.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills with ability to work as a team member.
- Objectivity and the ability to apply HR rules and regulations in a fair and consistent manner.
- Ability to plan and prioritize own work under tight deadlines, as well as to work on own initiative and as a member of a team.
- Attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to travel a minimum of 25%.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online