First Bank of Nigeria Limited (FirstBank) is Nigeria’s largest financial services institution by total assets and gross earnings. With more than 10 million customer accounts, FirstBank has over 750 branches providing a comprehensive range of retail and corporate financial services. The Bank has international presence through its subsidiaries, FBN Bank (UK) Limited in London and Paris, FBNBank DRC, FBNBank Ghana, FBNBank Gambia, FBNBank Guinea, FBNBank Sierra-Leone and FBNBank Senegal, as well as its Representative Offices in Johannesburg, Beijing and Abu Dhabi.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Project Team Lead
Job Identification: 124
- Lead the day to day execution of a project while guiding and developing individual team members.
- Make important contributions to the analysis, design, and implementation of business performance approaches, developing tailor-made solutions and working closely with internal project stakeholders to ensure positive impact and sustainable results
- To be first point of contact, and ensure that Corporate Transformation interactions and collaborations with our internal customers are strong, productive and enduring.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To develop work plans and manage multiple project work streams to support the implementation of strategic objectives, within budget and within the agreed timelines.
- Identify and validate key business requirements for assigned workstreams
- Estimate the resources (human, financial and technical) needed to achieve goals.
- Analyze business data to assess situations, assigning tasks to team members, and problem-solving when issues arise.
- Ensure adequate documentation and record keeping for project activities
- Document standard processes to ensure consistency in execution in line with agreed timelines
- Develop a Business Readiness and Change Management Plan to disseminate information to all stakeholders throughout the Project life cycle for assigned work streams
- Effectively communicate project expectations to all stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion
- Provide solutions, improvements and take corrective action on challenges that may arise
- Identify and manage dependencies and critical path.
- Ensuring that required approvals are obtained and that adequate documentation is maintained for all project expenditures
- Helping solve end-user problems and managing financial aspects of contracts
- Ensuring contract terms and conditions are met and that contracts are carried out according to agreed terms
- Assist the engagement team in analyzing engagement data to identify incorrect coding, excessive time and expense items
- Monitor and track project milestones and deliverables, and provide reports on a periodic basis
- Proactively manage changes in assigned Project scope, identify potential crisis, risks, devise contingency plans to provide solutions and take corrective action.
- Develop presentations, reports and provide briefings on assigned tasks
- Provide engagement management support to assigned Project sponsors, including project set-up, managing key performance indicators, and monitoring investment.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree, with a minimum grade of 2.2
- Project Management certification will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years of banking experience, covering a range of functional areas
- Experience with managing transformation, change management or other strategic projects
- Experience with Program Management Office or Project Management Office desirable
- Supervisory or leadership experience.
- Ability to manage relationships with internal and external customers
- Ability to make objective and well-informed decisions; perceive the impact and implication of decisions
- Ability to show flexibility – open to change and adapt behavior or work methods in response to new information or unexpected obstacles
- Ability to implement best practices and tools for Project execution and management
- Ability to efficiently conduct analysis and produce high quality insights
- Ability to ensure full adoption and sustainability of project initiatives
- Proficient in MS Office and CRM/project management software
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities
- Solid functional knowledge, including but not limited to the Bank’s key transformation pillars and capabilities which include Customer & Innovation, Operations Improvement, Organization and People and Process and Enterprise IT
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated leadership ability in a team environment
- Initiative taker, eager to break new ground, create opportunities for others
- Willingness to take personal risks – as seen through leadership roles – in work environment and extracurricular activities
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization
- Strong time management and organizational skills, detail oriented with the ability to work on multiple concurrent assignments
- Ability to be proactive in day-to-day interactions, formulate solutions to problems and work in a fast-paced environment; travel may be required.
Application Closing Date
11:07 am: 3rd June, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online