Have you heard of Commonwealth Scholarships? You’re on right page to know about it. The Commonwealth Scholarships are UK Government Scholarship program. The fully-funded Commonwealth Scholarships in the UK Universities are for Masters and Ph.D. Degree Programs.
These scholarships programs are usually sponsored by the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission (CSC). The CSC shortlists qualified international applicants to complete their degree programs in the UK universities that are under a Commonwealth Scholarship. The applicants are required to apply online to their preferred universities and they will pick a Commonwealth Scholarship.
All the students who desire to pursue their education in the UK through the Commonwealth Scholarships are strongly advised to prepare the following documents for the application of the scholarships:
• A Personal Statement
• Curriculum Vitae
• Motivation Letter
• Recommendation Letter
Reading this post, you will come across the types of Commonwealth Scholarships. It’s a commonplace that these times are hard times. Global Recession Inflation is going on, and it’s making it hard for one to shoulder their educational expenses. However, with the Commonwealth Scholarships, one can complete his or her education in the UK without facing the financial burden that comes with it. Also, applicants can complete their degrees virtually and get a UK Degree under a Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarship Program.
These Commonwealth Scholarships are sponsored by the UK Foreign, Commonwealth, and Development Office. In the United Kingdom’s commitment to the Commonwealth, every year up to 800 students are offered scholarships to pursue postgraduate degrees at UK universities. Are you finding it difficult to fund your education in the UK all by yourself?Worry no more, the Commonwealth Scholarships are designed to support someone like you.
Summary of Commonwealth Scholarships in UK
• Host Country: UK
• Scholarship Coverage: Fully Funded
• Program Level: Masters, PhD
Available Commonwealth Scholarships
• Commonwealth Professional Fellowships
• Commonwealth Ph.D. Scholarships (for the least developed countries and fragile states)
• Commonwealth Split-site Scholarships (for the low and middle-income countries)
• Commonwealth Shared Scholarships
• Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships
• Commonwealth Master’s Scholarships
• Commonwealth Ph.D. Scholarships (for the high-income countries)
The Government of the UK will cover the following expenses for the students offered the Commonwealth Scholarships in 2023:
• It offers round airfare for the students
• It offers full tuition fees.
• It offers stipend (as living allowance)
• It offers warm clothing allowance
• It offers thesis grant towards the cost of preparing a thesis or dissertation
• It offers study travel grant towards the cost of study-related travel in the UK or overseas.
Eligibility Criteria for Commonwealth Scholarship?
• Applicants must be citizens or permanent residents of a Commonwealth country. Applicants still be eligible if they’re refugee or British-protected person.
• Applicants interested in Master’s program must possess undergraduate honors degrees.
• And applicants interested in pursuing Ph.D., must possess appropriate master’s degrees too.
All interested students are required to prepare a complete set of the following documents that includes:
• Recent transcripts, degrees
• A Curriculum Vitae
• A Research Proposal
• A Motivation Letter
• A Personal Statement for Scholarship
• Recommendation Letters
Eligible Countries in the Commonwealth
About 56 countries are in the Commonwealth. These countries are in Asia, Africa, the Americas, Europe, and the Pacific. The countries in Commonwealth are diverse and are amongst the biggest, smallest, richest, and poorest countries in the world.
How to Apply to the UK University under a Commonwealth Scholarships?
• The Commonwealth feature different programs. So, students can apply for programs that are sponsored by Commonwealth throughout the year.
• If you’re interested in Commonwealth scholarships, kindly follow the following link;
Commonwealth Scholarships are among the best scholarships programs in the world. Most Commonwealth Scholarships are fully-funded and can only be applied for by all the students whose countries are under Commonwealth. So, if your country is not in Commonwealth and you apply for one of these scholarships, your sent application(s) will not be treated.
Fully-funded Scholarships in New Zealand for 2022/2023
2023 Brandeis University International Scholarships in USA
Boise State University International Scholarship in USA [Fully Funded]
Norwegian University of Life Sciences International Scholarships in Norway
VID Specialized University International Scholarships in Norway (Fully-funded)