The East-West Center Graduate Fellowship program is founded to promote cross-cultural understanding and collaboration between the people of Asia and the Pacific and the United States. The Fellowships are offered to qualified graduate students from East Asia, South Asia, Southeast Asia, and the Pacific Islands who are enlisted in full-time graduate study at the University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa (UHM).
The East-West Center graduate fellows will live together and interact with one other in both intellectual and social activities since the program is designed to foster a sense of Asia-Pacific community. This aside, the fellows are given the opportunities to partake in special field trips, academic programs, cultural activities, and other events powered by the East-West Center. The will Fellows also be given the opportunity to access the resources of the University of Hawaii at Manoa, as well as its libraries, computer facilities, and recreation centers.
The fully-funded East-West Center Fellowship Program provides the selected students with the opportunity to garner rich experience while studying in the United States. The Fellowship offers the shortlisted international students full tuition fees, books, housing in an East-West Center dormitory, and partial funding for Health Insurance, meals, and incidental expenses.
Most of the past fellows of the East-West Center Fellowship are successful in their careers which include academia, government, diplomacy, business, and other fields. The Fellowship program is a great opportunity for applicants interested in pursuing a career that has to do with engagement with Asia and the Pacific region.
Founded in 1907, the University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa (UHM) is a public land-grant research university in Mānoa USA. The university offers more than 200 degree programs to about 20,000 students from 100 countries including the United States.
UHM is widely known for its exemplary academic reputation and lively campus life. It allows its students to participate in more than 300 student organizations, as well as sports clubs, Greek life, and cultural groups. With its friendly weather and conducive environment, it’s often named one of the most beautiful campuses in the U.S. If you desire academic excellence or a nice place to call home for your academic sojourn, the University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa is absolutely worth considering.
Details of East-West Center Graduate Fellowship for 2023
• Host Country: USA
• University: University of Hawaii
• Program Level: Masters, Ph.D. Degree
• Scholarship Coverage: Fully-funded
• Eligible Nationality: Asia, the Pacific & United States
• Closing: December 1, 2022
List of Available Study Fields
• Business Administration
• Business Administration (Global MBA-Japan Track)
• Master of Law
• Ocean and Resources Engineering
• Public Administration
• Pacific Island Studies
• Tropical Plant & Soil Science
• Urban and Regional Planning
Perks of East-West Center Graduate Fellowship for 2023:
All successful candidates of the Fellowship program will get the following benefits.
• A full tuition fee
• It offers books and incidental expenses
• Free accommodation
• Monthly stipend to cover meals and other expenses partially
• A round airfare tickets
• It offers health insurance
For applicants to be eligible to apply for the Hawaii Graduate Fellowship, they must meet the following:
• The applicants must be national of one of the countries mentioned above.
• The applicants must have an offer in a Masters Degree or Ph.D. Degree at the university.
• The applicants hold an undergraduate degree or its equivalent with an excellent academic record.
• Two years of full-time professional work experience is required.
• The applicants must possess oral and written skills in the English Language.
• The applicants should be or less than 35 years, while the age limit maybe 45 years for programs appropriate for senior officials and managers.
• The interested applicants must be in good mental & physical health.
How to Apply For The East-West Center Graduate Fellowship
• Candidates who haven’t been enlisted as classified graduate students at the University of Hawai‘i Mānoa are advised to apply by December 1 for the following fall semester.
• Candidates may submit their applications online using the University of Hawaii’s application portal.
• For your EWC application to be processed on time, all supporting documentation for your UH admissions office and department applications must be properly completed.
All the students considered for the East-West Center Graduate Fellowship program will be offered a monthly stipend, free accommodation, books and other benefits mentioned above. The fellows of this Fellowship program will be selected based on merit.
SEE OTHER SCHOLARSHIP:
Funded Undergraduate Merit Scholarship in USA 2023
2023 Brandeis University International Scholarships in USA
Fully-funded Commonwealth Scholarships in UK Universities for 2023
Fully-funded Scholarships in New Zealand for 2022/2023