The fully funded Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme for exceptional foreign students with outstanding academic records. If you’re a foreign student and your academic records are commendable, this fellowship programme is for you and we urge you to participate in the ongoing application.
In 2009, the Research Grants Council (RGC) of Hong Kong founded the Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme, with aim of attracting outstanding foreign students in the world whole world to study PhD programmes in Hong Kong’s prestigious universities.
About Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme
• Funded by: Research Grants Council (RGC) of Hong Kong
• Host university: Hong Kong’s universities.
• Number of slot: 300
• Programme: PhD
• Eligible student: International students
• Application deadline: December 1, 2022
Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme Eligibility Requirements
• You must be an international student and seeking to study in Hong Kong.
• You must have a work experience.
• You must show exceptional academic records, research ability, communication and interpersonal skills, leadership abilities and potentials.
Note: The following are what the Selection Committee will consider:
• Leadership potentials
• Applicant’s academic excellence.
• Applicant’s research ability and potential.
• Communication skills
• Hong Kong Baptist University
• City University of Hong Kong
• Lingnan University
• The Education University of Hong Kong
• The Chinese University of Hong Kong
• The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
• The University of Hong Kong
• The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
Fellowship Programme Perks
• It offers an annual stipend worth HK$325,200 (US$41,690) and a conference and research-related travel allowance of HK$13,600 (US$1,740) every year for all shortlisted applicants for up to three years.
• Up to 300 PhD Fellowships will be offered in the 2023/2024 academic session.
• Shortlisted applicants who need more than three years to complete their PhD degree may be provided with additional aid.
Fellowship Application Process
You’re to submit your application directly to one of the universities mentioned above. Details about the enrolment for the fellowship programme will be offered by all the universities.
All the applicants selected for the fellowship scheme will benefit from the fellowship perks. About 300 applicants will be shortlisted for the programme.